Friday, March 2, 2012

Word-of-the-Day Sketch: Bosky



One of my new goals is to draw every day.  This used to come naturally.  I drew constantly as a kid, and probably through most of college.  It was like breathing.  That's how I learned how to do it.

Drawing daily is no longer a habit, so I have to make a conscious effort to do it. I know I need to, but sometimes it's hard to figure out what to draw.  So here's my tip of the day: if you're a Mac user, go get the Merriam-Webster Word of the Day widget and install it on your dashboard  (Windows folks-I'm sure there's an equivalent you can find with some digging).  When strapped for an idea, simply check out the word of the day.  Yesterday, it happened to be "bosky," which means "having abundant trees or shrubs."  Hm.  Interesting.  So, first thing that popped into my head: Snow White in the forrest.  And this was what came out:


Not only did I learn a new word to impress my friends with, but I produced a fun little sketch!

That poor girl is sure in a bosky place.  (...Now tell me you're impressed...)

2 comments:

  1. I learned a new word! Interestingly, the word "bosque" in Spanish means forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the words are related. I guess I just learned another new word :) Thanks!

      Delete