Friday, March 16, 2012

My Blog Duality, Explained

For those who are curious, I thought I'd take a brief moment to clarify some things about my blogginality.  I have two blogs.  My first blog (which I started about a year ago) is called "The Only Thing Constant."  It's kind of my stream-of-conciousness-about-life type blog.  I share stories of things that happen to me and my family, or thoughts and observances about...well, whatever I feel like saying something about.  Parenting, religion, popular culture, etc.  My life has been in ways kind of unique, and I guess I thought people might like a little peek in on our experiences.  I don't know how much wisdom exists in this muddled narrative of mine, but it is my humble gift to the internet, hopefully useful and uplifting, or at least just amusing.  I try to post once a week, typically on Sundays.

This blog on the other hand, I try to dedicate more strictly to art and creativity.  I started it up just about a month ago, and I mean to post about three times a week, as long as I can keep that up.  As I mentioned in my first post, I enjoy many creative outlets, and I prefer not to have a hard dividing line between the art I do on paper and the art I do, say, while cooking in the kitchen, or coaxing growing things into bloom.  Still, I will try to post mostly about traditional art and illustration, as I imagine that is what my audience is coming here for.

So now you know.  I apologize if that's confusing and if I've complicated your life by giving you TWO blogs to keep up with, but really, I'm flattered if you care enough to read even one.

No comments:

Post a Comment